- This event has passed.
Meet the Candidates Night!
November 3 @ 7:00 pm
Hello All NJM Members:
Our 2021 Board Elections are just around the corner!
IMPORTANT Information Regarding Wednesday November 3rd at 7:00 pm North Jersey Masters (NJM) Candidate Presentations Via ZOOM.
Admittedly there is a LOT of INFO here, however it will ANSWER ALL your QUESTIONS regarding the meeting set up and structure.
BE SURE to READ each candidate’s INFO on NJM website before Wednesday.
Candidate bios located here https://njmasters.com/2021/10/27/2021-election-bios/
* A BALANCED and FAIR way to give MEMBERS information as to the QUALIFICATIONS and GOALS of each CANDIDATE
* NJM has nine (8) candidates running for six (6) positions
* Individual five-minute PRESENTATIONS by each Board of Directors (BoD) CANDIDATE
* A CRITICAL process with leading up to ELECTION of BoD members later in the week
* Your vote will contribute to determining the future direction of NJM
* All via a ZOOM meeting
* NJM’s BoD is comprised of nine (9) individuals with varying terms. Elections give opportunity to add new voices and perspectives. The president is chosen by the BoD every two years from amongst the realigned board
* NJM is a WORTHY organization
* As a 501(c)3 organization NJM has FISCAL and CIVIC responsibilities that require ANNUAL action and management
* NJM has the responsibility to carry on the MISSION and VISION as defined by its founders
* NJM charter ENCOURAGES a HEALTHY lifestyle and DONATES funds to other similarly focused organizations
* VOLUNTEER organizations such as NJM need HANDS ON, SKILLED and COMMITTED management and leadership
* BoD members are CLUB AMBASSADORS responsible for CLUB CULTURE including its image, participating in the larger running community, diversity, and inclusivity.
* WITHOUT good LEADERSHIP the club will FADE. BoD members are the PIPELINE to FUTURE BoD’s and sustaining the club
* The 2022 RIDGEWOOD MEMORIAL DAY RACE is back on and needs PLANNING
* COACHING and SOCIAL events all need planning and attention
* Wednesday November 3rd
* 7PM East Coast Time SHARP!
* Meeting Host will give each CANDIDATE FIVE (5) minutes to make their presentation
* Meeting Host will give each CANDIDATE a 30 SECOND ALERT at 4:30 that their time is running out
* Meeting Host will MUTE each CANDIDATE at the five-minute mark to keep things moving
* Log onto Tom McCarthy’s (aka “Meeting Host”) ZOOM room
* Use this link. Simply click on it or paste into your web browser:
* NO NEED to have ZOOM installed on your device. If you do not have ZOOM installed, you will be GUIDED through a few steps. Again, just CLICK ON the LINK
Or if you are a frequent ZOOM user and prefer to log on using meeting number:
Meeting ID: 835 2742 6755
* The meeting will start PROMPTLY at 7PM!! LOG ON EARLY as the ZOOM room will open at 6:45PM
* IF you are LATE just log on, DO NOT announce yourself, we will be listening to a candidate
* The Meeting Host is TASKED with keeping the meeting MOVING ALONG and will do so FIRMLY and CONSISTENTLY
ZOOM Quirks and Other Pertinent Info:
* At 7PM Meeting Host will MUTE EVERYONE
* Meeting Host will INVITE CANDIDATES one-by-one to UN-MUTE so they can speak
* Be sure to check your SETTINGS usually on lower left of your screen to make sure you have VIDEO ON – IF you want to be seen
* EVERYONE: Please set your MICROPHONE to MUTE- We NEED to have BACKGROUND noise eliminated
* NOTE: You can communicate to anyone via the CHAT function – Please use this INSTEAD OF TALKING
* If you wish to talk, use the “Raise Your Hand” function to alert Meeting Host. Un-muting will done at Meeting Host discretion. Again, Meeting Host is tasked with keeping the meeting on track.
* To chat with Meeting Host you need to use the “All” address. Meeting Host will then respond to the individual one-on-one. It is a quirk of ZOOM that you cannot chat directly with Meeting Host.
* Meeting Host IS NOT an IT resource IF you are having LOG ON ISSUES, back out and try again. We have TRIALED the link and it WORKS!
Please join us on Wednesday November 3rd as doing so will assist you making an informed decision.
Online elections will take place November 7, 2021, and will close November 10, 2021
Onsite elections will take place on November 10, 2012, between 6-8 pm at the below address:
224 Highwood Ave.
Ridgewood, NJ 07450